Monday, November 12, 2012

Asking For And Giving Permission



Asking For And Giving Permission

Asking for and giving permission:
When you ask for permission to use something that belongs to someone else you have to do your best to be polite. It is desirable to use the word "please."
Asking for Permission:
·         Can I go out, please?
·         May I open the window, please?
·         Please, can I have a look at your photo album?
·         Please, may I taste that hot spicy couscous dish?
·         Do you mind if I smoke?
·         Would you mind if I asked you something?
·         Is it okay if I sit here?
·         Would it be all right if I borrowed your mobile Phone?
Giving Permission:
·         Yes, please do.
·         Sure, go ahead.
·         Sure.
·         No problem.
·         Please feel free.
Refusing to give permission:
·         No, please don’t.
·         I’m sorry, but that’s not possible.
·         I'm afraid, but you can't.
Dialogue:
Liza, eight years old, is asking her mother for permission to use the computer...
Liza:
Please mum, can I use the computer?
Her mother:
No, dear you can't. It's time to go to bed.
Liza:
May I read a story before I sleep?
Her mother:
Sure! But try to sleep early.
Liza:
Thanks a lot mummy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment