Monday, November 12, 2012

Asking and giving directions



Asking and giving directions
Asking directions
excuse me, could you tell me how to get to ...?

the bus station


excuse me, do you know where the ... is?

post office


I'm sorry, I don't know

sorry, I'm not from around here


I'm looking for ...

this address


are we on the right road for ...?

Brighton

is this the right way for ...?

Ipswich


do you have a map?

can you show me on the map?

Giving directions
it's this way

it's that way


you're going the wrong way

you're going in the wrong direction


take this road

go down there


take the first on the left

take the second on the right

turn right at the crossroads


continue straight ahead for about a mile (one mile is approximately 1.6 kilometres)


continue past the fire station


you'll pass a supermarket on your left


keep going for another ...

hundred yards (about 91 metres)

two hundred metres

half mile (about 800 metres)

kilometre


it'll be ...

on your left

on your right

straight ahead of you

0 comments:

Post a Comment